Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Cure - Boys Don't Cry (1980)

Boys Don't Cry is an album by The Cure, released in February 1980 in the UK and in August 1980 in the U.S. It is a compilation of songs from Three Imaginary Boys, but missing three of that album's songs ("Foxy Lady", "Meathook", "It's Not You") and adding several other tracks ("Boys Don't Cry", "Plastic Passion", "Jumping Someone Else's Train", "World War" and "Killing an Arab"). The debut single from this album was "Boys Don't Cry".

On the back cover of original UK album Three Imaginary Boys, the song titles were not listed conventionally, but represented by pictograms. Boys Don't Cry took the pictogram for the song "Fire in Cairo" for its sleeve picture. In 2003, the album was ranked number 442 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time

Boys Don't Cry
1980
THE CURE
Robert Smith (v/g), Michael Dempsey (v/b), Lol Tolhurst (d)

Track Listing (CD Version)

1."Boys Don't Cry" – 2:35Outstanding Track
2."Plastic Passion" – 2:14
3."10:15 Saturday Night" – 3:38
4."Accuracy" – 2:16
5."So What?" – 2:35
6."Jumping Someone Else's Train" – 2:56
7."Subway Song" – 1:55
8."Killing an Arab" – 2:22Outstanding Track
9."Fire in Cairo" – 3:21Outstanding Track
10."Another Day" – 3:43
11."Grinding Halt" – 2:49Outstanding Track
12."Three Imaginary Boys" – 3:14

Videos

"Boys Don't Cry" - Live on Later With Jools Holland 2004
"Three Imaginary Boys and Killing An Arab" - Live in Paris 1979


On the CD version of the album, "Object" was replaced by "So What", the scream at the end of "Subway Song" was shortened, and "World War" was removed

Boys Don't Cry (LYRICS)

I would say I'm sorry if I thought that it would change your mind
But I know that this time i've said too much been too unkind

I try to laugh about it cover it all up with lies
I try and laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes
'cause boys don't cry
Boys don't cry

I would break down at your feet and beg forgiveness plead with you
But I know that it's too late and now there's nothing I can do

So I try to laugh about it cover it all up with lies
I try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes
'cause boys don't cry

I would tell you that I loved you if I thought that you would stay
But I know that it's no use that you've already gone away

Misjudged your limits pushed you too far
Took you for granted i thought that you needed me more

Now I would do most anything to get you back by my side
But I just keep on laughing hiding the tears in my eyes
'cause boys don't cry
Boys don't cry
Boys don't cry


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...