Sunday, May 27, 2012

Riverside - One (1992)

Riverside's One is one of the prettiest albums of the early ‘90s. Considering that it was released during the peak of the grunge revolution, its lack of commercial success was inevitable. There is no screaming nor feedback-drenched guitars on One; the members of Riverside didn't sport long hair or goatees, and they probably never wore flannel. Strip away the CD's copyright date and it could easily be mistaken for a 1988 release. There's nothing wrong with that. One is suspended by shimmering guitars a la the Wild Swans and the Ocean Blue. (Since One was produced by former Ocean Blue keyboardist Steve Lau, perhaps the latter comparison should be no surprise.) Songs seem to float into one another; after a few tracks, the album begins to feel like one lengthy song. While the band seems to mine the same ethereal riffs in every track, the boyish innocence in the vocals and lyrics and the luminous beauty of the music are undeniably relaxing. The ringing guitars in "Waterfall," "General Nature," and "James" cast a hypnotic spell. The bouncy percussion of "Cinnamon Eyes" and the pulsating bass of "James" add character to Riverside's relentlessly atmospheric textures. Riverside expose their late-‘80s new wave influences so blatantly that it sounds like the group is paying homage to them; fans of the Wild Swans, the Ocean Blue, the Church, U2, Echo & the Bunnymen, and the Railway Children will be hooked. (by Michael Sutton) 

One
1992
RIVERSIDE
Glenn Kochan, Keith Kochan, Kenneth Jackson 

Bit rate: 192kbps

Track Listing

1. "Waterfall" (3:30)
2. "General Nature" (4:35) 
3. "Cinnamon Eyes" (3:43) 
4. "Galaxie" (4:03) 
5. "Careful Light" (4:02) 
6. "A Slow Fall" (4:26)
7. "Mansfield Park" (3:46)
8. "Always" (3:50) 
9. "Follow Me" (3:40) 
10. "James" (3:59)

CREDITS

Art Direction – JoDee Stringham 
Bass, Vocals, Words By – Glenn Kochan 
Drums – Jonathan Liney Engineer – Peter Keppler 
Engineer [Assitant Mix] – Carl Glanville 
Guitar – Kenneth Jackso
Management – Dennis Oppenheimer 
Mastered By – George Marino 
Mixed By – Jay Healy 
Music By – Riverside (tracks: 1 to 9) 
Percussion [Additional] – Robert Sherwood 
Photography By – Kristine Larsen 
Producer – Steve Lau 
Vocals, Guitar – Keith Kochan 
Marketed By – Warner Bros. Records Inc. 
Made By – WEA Manufacturing Phonographic 
Copyright (p) – Sire Records Company 
Copyright (c) – Sire Records Company 
Recorded At – Long View Farm Studios 
Mixed At – The Hit Factory 
Mastered At – Sterling Sound 
 Recorded at Long View Farm, Massachusetts, February/March 1992. 
Mixed at The Hit Factory, NYC, April 1992. 
Mastered at Sterling Sound, NYC. 
 ©℗ Sire Records Company, marketed by Warner Bros. Records Inc., a Time Warner Company. Made in U.S.A.

41 comments:

  1. Can anyone tell what is the Mediafire password of Riversde - one? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just post your email here.. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site's the best ever! Thank you so much for all the effort you put into it, it's great!!! :-) Anyways... How does the mediafire -thing work, all I do is end up at amazone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. link broken!! can you help me to re upload this albums?

    bluebells - sister
    railway children - gentle sound
    The Best of The Icicle Works
    Riverside - One

    I've been looking all over the net and I can not find anything
    thanxs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I send you the Bluebells - Sister which I ripped from my Japanese CD. Check your mail & let me know.

      Delete
  5. They have been copyrited, do you have an FTP or Dropbox accnt which I can upload :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi philbert yes i have dropbox thanks

      i only need this three albums:

      -bluebells - sister
      -railway children - gentle sound
      -Riverside - One
      if you can send to me, I would appreciate
      my email juanpa_munguia@live.com.mx

      Delete
  6. can i get this one? the best album for my childhood anyway :(

    email me please : jamban.kali@gmail.com

    big thanks :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I emailed you the links. enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings NWU !
    May I request access to this too?

    janus.ang@gmail.com

    Tnx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. can i get this one?

    my email :cat21367278@hotmail.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. please send me the link, i just listened to this band and is freakin' awesome

    vooodo.e@hotmail.com
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i stole the copy of this album my brother had and lost it, he resents me for this anytime he can.

    please send me the link to it, alonsoscrum96@gmail.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi there can i get a copy of this please its so good vjoey28@gmail.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Could you send me the mp3s to Riverside's One album please? E-mail: posiforce@gmail.com / thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. please send me mp3s to Riverside's One album :), Thanks!
    ross_morrison@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get to know this site many years too late. Can I get a link for these:

    -railway children - gentle sound
    -Riverside - One

    Thanks

    mye email: saputraj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! Your blog is terrific -- so much great music here!

    Could I please get the link to Riverside's "One" album, please? Thank you so much!

    My email is: angstytimelord@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey :)! Can i get a link for Riverside-One album ? please ..thanks a lot !
    My email is :pavol.susla@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the link, let me know if there's a problem

      https://mega.nz/#F!A5ACUZ5Y!JodgT0GIdLko274FAYq4BA

      Delete
  19. Hi, if I could get a link or zip to my email I'd appreciate it dearly, have the tape but really want the mp3s, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the link, let me know if there's a problem

      https://mega.nz/#F!A5ACUZ5Y!JodgT0GIdLko274FAYq4BA

      Delete
  20. Hey,
    Kindly share a link for Riverside - One album?.
    My email is: pepelepu33@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the link, let me know if there's a problem

      https://mega.nz/#F!A5ACUZ5Y!JodgT0GIdLko274FAYq4BA

      Delete
  21. Ok i see... many people stay searching for this album, ok i'm going to upload this album, i'm going to post the link here soon

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. the link, let me know if there's a problem

    https://mega.nz/#F!A5ACUZ5Y!JodgT0GIdLko274FAYq4BA

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, thakyou very much for the kind share.
    I was looking for years too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Please send yo me the Riverside álbum thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there you go:

      https://mega.nz/#F!A5ACUZ5Y!JodgT0GIdLko274FAYq4BA

      Delete
  27. anyone got the riverside one album ? please send new link i apreciate that, saludos desde argentina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://mega.nz/#F!A5ACUZ5Y!JodgT0GIdLko274FAYq4BA

      Delete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...